The recipe for Flaky biscuit is simple, but requires some experimenting.
Here are the steps to make the Flaky biscuits: – Mix your dry ingredients: cocoa powder, cocoa butter, coconut oil and sugar in a food processor.
Add to the dry ingredients, and blend until combined.
– Combine your dry biscuit ingredients in a bowl.
– Using a wooden spoon, scoop out the mixture and place in a large bowl.
Let sit for 10 minutes to let the biscuits firm up.
– Pour the biscuit batter into a shallow bowl.
The biscuit should be very firm, and you should not need to stir the batter too much.
– Place a plastic container or metal foil over a bowl and let sit for 20 minutes.
(If the biscuits are not firm, you can add more cocoa butter and cocoa butter powder.
If the biscuits don’t firm, add the chocolate to the bowl and mix it all together.)
– Transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
– Cover the biscuits with a kitchen towel and let them rise until the top of the biscuettes is set.
– Once the biscuits have risen, preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (350 degrees F).
Place a baking sheet or rack on top of your baking tray and bake the Flappy biscuits for 20 to 25 minutes.
If you prefer, you could also leave the biscuits to cool on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes before you remove them from the oven.
Recipe Notes You can buy flaky biscuits in a variety of shapes and sizes, from 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
Flaky biscuits are sometimes called ‘flying biscuits’, because they can be made in this manner.
This means the biscut is not rolled, but instead folded in a spiral pattern and baked, making them more like a biscuit.
Recipe by Julie Gollwitzer.